26 May About
The Junior League of Monterey County, Inc., is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Monterey County, Inc. is a leader in education and advocacy for women’s and children’s health and wellbeing.
The Junior League of Monterey County, Inc. welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations communities.
The Junior League has been actively working to improve Monterey County for over 60 years. Our hands-on approach has enriched our community through the creation and development of many ongoing, local non-profit agencies such as the Monterey County Youth Museum (MY Museum), the Salinas Adult Day Care Center (for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients), and the Family Resource Center (now a part of the Family Service Agency). Other League projects include Fostering Youth Independence (Foster kids outreach program in partnership with the Monterey County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program), the Silent Witness exhibit (to increase awareness of domestic violence, scholarships for deserving women returning to school and the restoration and ongoing stewardship of the Old Whaling Station Adobe and First Brick House. JLMC is also represented on the executive board of the United Way of Monterey County’s Success By 6 project.
The Junior League of Monterey County, Inc.:
- Builds proficient leadership skills in our membership through training, education and experience.
- Develops projects that address community needs, inspire enthusiasm and participation in our membership, and have a lasting beneficial effect.
- Cultivates a membership that reflects the diversity of our community.
- Believes advocacy and voluntarism are essential elements for building a strong, supportive network.
- Values the friendships that result from a spirit of cooperation and voluntarism.