24 Jul Scholarship
The Junior League of Monterey County, Inc. (JLMC) is pleased to announce that we are seeking qualified applicants to compete for our annual Scholarship Award(s) for the 2019-2020 academic year. Scholarship(s) will be awarded to female students pursuing higher education in order to obtain a degree that will help her impact women and children in our local community. Applicants must demonstrate a strong sense of volunteerism and may receive as much as $1,000.
- Female graduating high school senior or a post-secondary student
- Grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States residing in Monterey County
- Pending acceptance to a Monterey County college, university or vocational school OR an online accredited program (required for receipt of scholarship)
- Agreement to attend the JLMC May Annual Meeting to accept any award or send an appropriate designee (parent, executive director of the project/program, foster parent, etc.)
- May not be an immediate relative of a JLMC member
- Scholar must use the funds awarded within one calendar year from the official award date
Scholarship Award Application
Applicants must submit all of the following information for scholarship consideration:
- Completed application form
- High school and/or any post-secondary school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from someone not related to you
Applications must be submitted online through the link at the bottom of this page and all supplemental attachments emailed to the JLMC Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2019.
Brevity and clarity in your responses is appreciated. For your convenience, we have included a pdf containing all the information you will need to complete the questionnaire beneath the link to the Scholarship Application.
– Application available: February 15, 2019
– Application due date: March 25, 2019
– Finalists will be contacted via phone to set a date and time to interview with the Scholarship Committee in April.